How to Sponsor a Family
- The sponsor in the Christmas Program is: specifically helping one or more families in Niagara Falls during the holidays.
- A sponsor is able to help a specific family(ies) with food assistance and gifts for the children for the holidays.
- To give you an idea on how much to provide for a family, we suggest that a family of 2 receives approximately food and gifts for their Christmas assistance worth $150, family of 3 received $200-250, and a family of 4 receives $250-300 worth.
- If you or your group set aside or raise $500-$1,000 for sponsoring in the Christmas Program, you could sponsor 2 or more families, instead of using that amount on 1 family to ensure consistency throughout the program.
- Roughly a 50-50 split is the suggested breakdown betweeen cost for food and gifts.
- If you deliver the assistance to the family, contact them to discuss the best day and time for both of you; we suggest in-between December 8-18.
- If you choose to drop the assitance off to Project SHARE to deliver, please do so before Friday December 13 as volunteers will deliver the assistance to families on Saturday, December 14th. Our office is open Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm, with the exception of Wednesday when our hours are 9:30am-2:30pm.
For more information on how to sponsor a family this holiday season please call 905-357-5121 ext 35.