Gift Suggestions For Families
Food Options for Sponsors in The Christmas Program:
- A food basket with the items provided below.
- Some of the food items listed and a voucher to a local grocery store to buy fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, etc.
- A voucher to a local grocery store where the family can pick out all their needed items for Christmas Day and the holidays.
Christmas Day Meal
- Turkey/Ham or voucher
- Fresh fruits and vegetables or voucher
Additional holiday help (3-4 days worth of food)
(can be more than one of some items)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Dry pasta
- Canned pasta
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup
- Kraft Dinner
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned juices
- Snacks for children
- Personal items (soaps, shampoo, paper towels, etc.)
Suggested Gift Items When Sponsoring a Family
We ask all our registered households with younger children to fill out a form with their chidren's interest, clothes sizes, and gift ideas for each child in the home. That information is given to you the sponsor to help you in your purchasing of gifts for the children. The household are reasonable in their suggestions of interests and gifts. In-between a 50-50 split or 60-40 food, is the suggested breakdown between cost for foor and gifts.